Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Making Things

It’s fun to make things. Some fun things to make are: stuffed animals, kites, toolboxes, dog houses, and stories. I know how to make all these things. And more!

If you make things, you should have a toolbox. Here’s a picture of my toolbox!

It’s special because I made it with my Dad, and I painted it myself. Some tools I have are a hammer for BANGING in nails. I have a measuring tape for measuring things, and I have a screwdriver for tightening (or loosening) screws. I hope to get a wrench, a saw and A JACKHAMMER someday soon.

When I make crafts, I use different tools. I use glue, paper, pencils, markers, pens, fabric, old boxes, and other things I find around the house. Right now, I am making a kite out of straws. It’s not finished yet, but here are pictures of what it looks like so far.

The thing I made today is a story. The tools you use to make stories are your imagination plus a pencil and some paper. You can use those tools to put drawings and words together so that they tell a story. Here’s the story I wrote today. I hope you like it!

On the Farm
By Gabrielle

As the moon faded and the sun rose, the rooster crowed. Around the farm, people and animals woke up. All the people left to go and take care of the crops in the fields. When they were all gone, the dog, whose name was Skipper, thumped his tail, stood on his hind legs, and yelled, “SAFE!”

At that, all the animals looked around and cheered. They all stood up. They played chess and horseshoes and pool and darts. At the end of the day, the dog thumped his tail again, and yelled, “HERE THEY COME!” Every animal ran to the fences and closed the gates. Just as the moon rose and the sun faded, the people came back and started dinner.

It had been a great day.

The end.

No comments: